Angino Law Firm • 4503 N. Front Street Harrisburg, PA 17110 • (717) 238-6791 • (800) 648-2070
Law Experts Angino Law Firm


If you are seeking legal representation, you probably have a few simple questions. While we cannot provide legal advice through our website, we have provided a few answers to many of the most commonly asked questions.


What about expertise?

Richard Angino has been recognized by his peers through his listings with Best Lawyers in America, PA Super Lawyers, Martindale Hubbell AV ratings, past presidents of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and specific recognition for his expertise in motor vehicle law and other areas of personal injury litigation.

Will I get a result like that?

No lawyer can promise a certain result. Richard Angino, however, has the experience, expertise, background and reputation to get you the best result possible.

So is your law firm experienced?

With 50 years of personal injury litigation experience, Richard Angino has tried hundreds of cases in virtually all areas of civil litigation in state and federal trial and briefed and
argued more than 165 cases before all of the appellate courts, including the Pennsylvania Superior, Supreme, and Commonwealth Courts and the federal 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals.

How does your law firm compare with others?

Richard Angino is a past president of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association. He has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America since 1983 when he was first selected and PA Super Lawyers since its inception. He has earned a Martindale Hubbell AV rating since 1979 and is a member of the Million Dollars Advocates Forum. He has written and lectured in virtually all major areas of the law. No other personal injury law firm in the Harrisburg area has attorneys with the extensive and varied background of Richard Angino, the Angino Law Firm (Angino Law) and its predecessors.

What type of lawyer or law firm do I need?

Richard Angino and his personal injury firm has the experience and expertise to handle major cases in many areas of civil litigation law.

When should I contact an attorney?

You should contact the Angino Law Firm (Angino Law) as soon as you find out that you have been injured. There is no benefit in waiting. The call to Angino Law is free. There is no reason to risk losing valuable rights by waiting before you call.

What kind of attention will my case get?

You will get personal attention. Richard Angino and his staff have many years of personal injury litigation experience and background to provide the attention that your case needs. Mr. Angino limits his caseload to less than 50 cases.

How do I know if I really need a lawyer?

If you’ve been seriously injured in an auto accident, a product malfunction, or as a result of medical or professional malpractice and you believe someone else is at fault, you may need an attorney to protect your rights. At the Angino Law Firm (Angino Law), we’ll evaluate your situation at no cost or obligation to you.

How long will my case take?

The more complex the case and the more severe your injuries, the longer it takes. You can usually expect it to be anywhere between one to three years for a personal injury case to be resolved.

What will it cost to hire your firm?

At the Angino Law Firm (Angino Law) there is no cost for a consultation. Should you choose us to represent you, there are no legal fees or expenses until your case is tried or settled and you have received a monetary award. Our fee is a percentage of your award.

Will my case go to trial?

That depends upon what is best for you. A quick settlement may not be in your best interest. We’re prepared to go to court if that’s what it takes, and insurance companies know that. This gives us leverage in dealing with them. Some other personal injury firms seldom take a case to court.


Who pays my medical bills?

Under Pennsylvania law, regardless of how an accident happens or who may be at fault, your own automobile insurance company will pay your medical bills. All motor vehicle insurance policies in effect in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania must have a minimum of $5,000.00 in medical benefit coverage.

Who pays my lost wages?

Work loss coverage is available for purchase on your automobile insurance policy. However, it is not a mandatory benefit. If you have purchased wage loss coverage, your first source for recovery of your lost wages is against your own automobile insurance policy. If you have not purchased wage loss coverage, or should your lost wages exceed the policy amount, you must then turn to any disability or wage loss coverage available to you through your employment or that you may have purchased on your own. Lost wages that are not paid or payable by any source of recovery are part of your claim against the at-fault driver.

Who will pay for the damage to my car?

Again, you should first check your automobile insurance policy. If you have purchased collision coverage on your policy, you may submit your property damage claim to your own insurer, regardless of how the accident happened or who was at fault. Your insurer will pay for your property damage, less any deductible. In the alternative, you may submit your property damage claim to the insurer for the other driver involved in your accident. This insurer will pay your claim, in full, only upon a determination that its insured was responsible for the accident.

Who will pay for a rental car?

Payment for a rental car is similar to the payment of your property damage claim. First check to see if you have purchased rental coverage on your own policy. If not, rental coverage may be paid by the other driver’s insurer. This will also require the other driver’s insurer to accept responsibility for the accident. Keep in mind there may be limitations on the amount an insurer will pay for a rental vehicle and the length of time for which you may have a rental car.

Who decides fault for the accident?

Following your accident, the police may be called to the scene of the accident. The responding officer will conduct an investigation, which generally includes interviewing all drivers involved in the accident and any witnesses to it. The responding officer will generally also record and document any physical evidence at the scene. The insurance companies for the drivers involved in the accident will also conduct an investigation, as will your attorney. Initially, it will be up to the other driver’s insurance company to accept or deny fault for the accident. Should your claim be denied by the other driver’s insurance company, it may become necessary for you to file a lawsuit to recover for your damages.

How much time do I have to make a claim?

Pennsylvania has a statute of limitations applicable to all personal injury claims. Generally, you have two years from the date of your accident within which to settle your claim or file a lawsuit.

What is uninsured motorist coverage?

Uninsured motorist coverage is an optional coverage on Pennsylvania motor vehicle insurance policies. It is coverage to protect and compensate you if you are injured by an at-fault driver who does not have motor vehicle insurance.

What is underinsured motorist coverage?

Underinsured motorist coverage is another optional coverage. If you have purchased this coverage on your policy, it may provide additional compensation to you for injuries suffered in an accident. Underinsured motorist coverage provides additional compensation to you when the at-fault driver does not have sufficient liability coverage to fully compensate you for your injuries and losses.

Which should I have on my policy, full tort or limited tort option?

You should have the full tort option on your automobile insurance policy. The full tort option protects your rights to seek full compensation for any injury you may sustain in a motor vehicle accident. The limited tort option may prevent you from seeking compensation for pain and suffering after a motor vehicle accident.

Are there exceptions to the limited tort option?

There are several exceptions to the limited tort option that would allow you to pursue a claim for compensation for your non-economic damages. First of all, you will be granted full tort rights if the at-fault driver was operating a vehicle registered in another state at the time of your accident. Secondly, you are granted full tort rights if the at-fault driver pleads guilty to or is convicted of driving under the influence. Thirdly, full tort rights are granted if you are injured while a passenger in a commercial vehicle. Lastly, you are granted full tort rights if your injuries meet the definition of serious injury. Serious injury means death, permanent serious disfigurement, or serious impairment of bodily function.

What factors are considered in determining a fair settlement value for my claim?

Many factors are considered in determining the fair settlement value of your claim. First and foremost, we consider your injury. Along with the nature of your injury, we consider the type of treatment you receive, the length of treatment, the existence of any permanent condition, need for future treatment, and the effects of the injury on your employment and activities of daily living. We also consider the circumstances of the accident, the amount of property damage sustained in the accident, whether there are any recoverable medical bills and recoverable wage loss. We will compare your claim to similar cases we have handled, as well as cases in the same jurisdiction in which your case arises.


I was misdiagnosed. Do I have a medical malpractice case?

A misdiagnosis can be the basis of a malpractice lawsuit. It depends on the nature of the misdiagnosis and the harm suffered as a result of the misdiagnosis. You should contact the personal injury law firm of Angino Law to discuss the specifics of your case.

What is “medical malpractice”?

“Malpractice” means negligence, or lack of ordinary care. Specifically, medical malpractice refers to the negligence of a doctor acting in his or her professional capacity. It means that the doctor failed to use the same knowledge, skill and care normally used by others in his or her profession. As in any other case based on negligence, a plaintiff must prove that the defendant was negligent and that the harm the plaintiff suffered was caused by the defendant’s negligence.

I had complications or an infection following surgery, or my surgery did not relieve my symptoms. Do I have a medical malpractice case?

As with a misdiagnosis, a poor surgical result or complications following surgery can be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit. It depends on the cause of the poor result or the complications, and on the amount of harm you suffered as a result of the surgery. You should contact the personal injury law firm (Angino Law) to discuss the specifics of your case.

How much does it cost to bring a medical malpractice lawsuit?

Initially it costs you nothing. Although medical malpractice lawsuits are some of the most expensive lawsuits to bring, the personal injury law firm Angino Law advances all the costs of investigating and bringing a malpractice lawsuit, and we only charge an attorney fee and seek reimbursement of costs if we are successful in getting money for you.

When should I contact an attorney?

You should contact the personal injury firm of Angino Law as soon as you find out that you have been injured. There is no benefit to waiting. The call to the Angino Law Firm is free. There is no reason to risk losing valuable rights by waiting before you call.

What is a statute of limitations?

A statute of limitations is a law that limits the amount of time you have to bring a lawsuit for an injury. Statutes of limitations vary in length for different types of lawsuits. For most injuries, the statute of limitations in Pennsylvania is two years. However, there is no benefit to waiting before speaking with an attorney. If you think you have been injured, you should call the personal injury firm of Angino Law  immediately to avoid losing valuable rights.

Isn’t there malpractice lawsuit abuse in Pennsylvania?

No. While we cannot speak for all other law firms, every case that we take is legitimate. Because we advance all costs and attorney’s fees and do not get paid unless we are successful in getting money for you, we would go out of business if we brought frivolous lawsuits. You can be assured that if the Angino Law Firm (Angino Law) takes your case and brings a lawsuit on your behalf, we will continue to represent you and fight for your rights until we receive a settlement or take your case to trial.

I got a letter from the hospital stating that a “serious event” occurred. Am I the victim of malpractice?

Hospitals are required by law to send out “serious event” letters when unexpected errors or events happen during hospital treatment. Receiving a “serious event” letter does not necessarily mean that you were the victim of malpractice, however, you should still call the Angino Law Firm (Angino Law) immediately to discuss the specifics of your particular case and to avoid losing valuable rights.

What is “informed consent”?

In a situation that is not an emergency, a doctor cannot give medication to or operate on a mentally competent adult without first explaining the risks and obtaining the patient’s consent. Patients have the right to make informed decisions about their medical care and to refuse care. When a doctor performs surgery or administers medication without getting the patient’s informed consent, the patient may be able to bring a lawsuit.

What are the steps of a malpractice lawsuit, and what will I have to do?

Before we bring any lawsuit for malpractice, we will review all of your medical records and will have them reviewed by doctors in the same specialties as your treating doctors. If the reviewing doctors determine that your doctors were negligent, we will prepare a Complaint. This is the formal document filed with the Court that states your claims and begins your lawsuit.



Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone (required)


Your Message